Friday, April 2, 2010

A Doll A Week 13/52: Kit

As a quilter, I always loved the 1930's reproduction prints - my daughter's first twin size quilt was made using those fabrics.  When American Girl came out with Kit, I was really smitten by her.  I loved her clothes, furniture, accessories, and thought she was just great!  My daughter got Kit a long time ago, and she's been well loved.  Her nice, soft eyelashes (pre-Mattel) sometimes slide back into her eyes (lately we see little of her eyelashes), but M. would never send her back for repairs. 

With American Girl offering free shipping last month, and a bonus from work, I had to have my own American Girl Kit.  She's been here a week now, and I'm glad to have her.  All the girls are trying to wear dresses and skirts to be pretty for Easter, but I am looking forward to trying on other outfits, too.  

Maybe she should come up with her own name, so that there's less confusion with 2 girls living her with the same name!


No comments: