Sunday, November 20, 2011

Marie-Grace


Marie-Grace up close, originally uploaded by JLP2000.

I had been thinking that Marie Grace was a strong candidate for coming to our house in 2012, competing with Rebecca and the 2012 Girl of the Year. We really don't have a lot of room for more 18" dolls here, but I can't help myself! Anyway, my plans were accelerated when American Girl had a 25% off sale for a week on everything in the Marie Grace/Cecile collection. I love the new mold and think she is one gorgeous girl. When I bought Josefina from the AGDC store, I thought this line was too frilly/fancy, but away from the store-overload, I think she is perfect. She is from the same era as Elsie Dinsmore, a series that I've really enjoyed reading. Since she is a girl from the pre-Civil War South, she reminds me of both my husband (a North Carolina boy) and my Dad (a Civil War buff)...
My father left this world for his Heavenly home last month after fighting renal cancer, brain cancer and radiation necrosis of the brain. I will miss him greatly, but he was a man of great faith, so I know some day, I will see him again, when I am called home to be with our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your father's passing. I know how hard that can be. I lost my Mom almost 4 years ago and my Dad has inoperable stage 4 lung cancer and a weak heart. He was given less than a year to live 3 years ago and is still hanging on.
I know his time to leave this world is coming and I don't know what I'll do when that time comes. We just have to hang on to the memories and trust God.

Congrats on getting your sweet Marie-Grace. I love her era too!

Hugs to you!

KittyAnn said...

Dear Jen

So sorry to hear of your father's passing, it is never easy losing a parent. I do hope the memories you have of him will comfort you in the days to come.

I love your new girl, she is beautiful. I must say I am tempted to ask 'Santa', aka my husband, to gift her to me this year! =) I will have to go have a looksee over at the AG website!

Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season.

Ann in Wilmington, NC

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dad. You are in my prayers for comfort and peace.
Your new Marie-Grace is beautiful. May she comfort your heart.
Gladys

Jen said...

Bama, Ani and Miss Gladys,
Thank you for your kind words, sympathies, and prayers.
Bama, I will keep you, your Dad and your family in my prayers.
Jen

Unknown said...

I just found your dolls blog, and I want you to know how sorry I am for your loss. I lost my eldest daughter to brain cancer in February after a valiant fight.