Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My Mother's Day weekend started when I discovered that I could work from home on Friday afternoon!  On my way home, I got a phone call telling me that someone new had arrived!  It was Lanie!  She brought her bunny, Lulu, with her.  I once had a lop eared bunny, but she was much darker brown than Lulu, and not nearly as talented.  Lanie has trained Lulu to walk on a leash!  Lanie's dress reminds me of the preppy clothes I loved so much when I was in high school.

Her hair reminds us of "pageant hair", but it is naturally this way and doesn't take a night in curlers and a lot of fussing!Her hazel eyes are quite different in our blue-eyed human family, but Samantha, Catherine and a few other girls living here do have green eyes. Samantha loves butterflies, wildlife and flowers.  She discovered a butterly bush in our yard. Right now it is only a little bit taller than she is, but by the time it is ready to bloom, it will be over 6 feet tall!We were really excited to discover these hydrangea buds forming!  We've had very little luck getting these shrubs to bloom very well.  Maybe, if we are very lucky, we will get to see an abundance of flowers this summer!

1 comment:

Kiki's Korner said...

Hi Lanie! We look very much alike and even enjoy the same things! ;)
~Holly