Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Trip to the Park

I arrived only a few days before Mother's Day. Here is a story about my first trip out into the world with Jen on Mother's Day. When she got home from church, she and her family went out to lunch at a Chevy's at Arundel Mills. Then they came home and got some things to go to Ft. Smallwood Park, which is on the Patapsco River and Rock Creek. They have some climbing rocks to sit on in the play area. It was a beautiful day with a nice breeze coming off of the water.

There were buttercups blooming in the open fields. The grass was nice and soft to relax on.

I sat and rested on another climbing rock while the kids played and Jen took pictures.

I thought this was a cool seat that was just my size, but apparently, it is part of an obstacle course and wobbles when kids step on it. I had to move pretty soon after I sat down.

Then we went to the fishing pier. It was just rebuilt - the grand re-opening hadn't even happened yet. A few years ago, a very big "go-fast" boat hit it and took out the pier. Can you see the outskirts of Baltimore?

The pier juts out into Rock Creek. There are a lot of homes along the River. Some are old summer cottages that people now live in year round, and others have been rebuilt.

The part was fun. I'd like to go there again.

-Samantha

No comments: